We propose a cheese tasting experience within a real cheese factory in Marsala close to Trapani in order to discover the flavour of authentic Sicilian cheese and find out how it’s made. All of this will take place in a unique location, built out of an old tufaceous quarry turned into a big garden. You will witness the manufacturing process and its various stages, the milk transformation process and the seasoning process that make these products unique; from the Piddiato cheese, a product that you can find only in the Trapani area, to fresh cottage cheese. It’s an experience in Sicily under the banner of taste!
Where: Marsala - Trapani
When: All the year
Duration: 2 hours
Meals: Cheese platter and ricotta tasting
Mon - Tue - Wed - Thu - Fri - Sat - Sun
Min. 2 - Max. 50
Individuals, groups, couples
Italian - English - French
- Guided tour of the cheese factory
- Exhaustive information about the site that hosts the cheese factory (a quarry later turned into a garden)
- Guided tour of the building and its various chambers
- Exhaustive explanation regarding the milk transformation process
- Hot cottage cheese tasting + chopping board with many kinds of cheese and bread.
* There’s also the possibility to visit the Sanctuary of Santo Padre delle Perriere, a famous worshipping destination for pilgrimages and prayer.
All services that are not included in the "Included" list are not covered by the price.