A tour to discover the Simeto Oasis and its caves, in Catania, all narrated by an authorised guide that will reveal all the tales and curiosities of this naturalistic path, giving inspiration to a novel written by Giovanni Verga...
When: All year round
Duration: 4 hours
Meals: On request
Mon - Tue - Wed - Thu - Fri - Sat - Sun
Min. 1 - Max 20
Everyone (except for the severely disabled)
Italian - English - French
- Catania, Piazza Borsellino 8:30 a.m.: presentation of the trail. Transfer to the Primosole Hill.
- Primosole Hill, entrance in the cement quarry 9:10 a.m.: beginning of the trail.
- Visit of the dismissed quarry and reading of some passages of the story “Vagabondaggio" (Vagabondage) by Giovanni Verga.
- Grotte San Giorgio farmhouse. Recognition of seasonal spontaneous wild plants.
- Grotte San Giorgio North: illustration of the history of Ximet farmhouse.
- Grotte San Giorgio South: visit of the caves and reading of passages of the story “Vagabondaggio" (Vagabondage) by Giovanni Verga.
- Visit of the bunkers and the casemates.
No services that are not mentioned under “Included” are included in the price.